FINFROCK is Central Florida’s #1 Design-Builder. With in-house architects, engineers, manufacturing, and construction professionals all working together under one roof, we lower project costs, accelerate schedules, and greatly reduce a client’s overall building risk. For over 75 years, FINFROCK has served clients throughout Florida and nationally. Our award-winning track-record includes delivering buildings, structured parking, hotels, and mixed-use residential complexes as a complete, finished product—not just a series of services. The firm has designed, manufactured, and built hundreds of projects for leading organizations in the United States, is highly ranked among the top firms in the industry and is the recipient of multiple awards for design excellence.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. Every position within FINFROCK offers challenging opportunities, professional growth, and the excitement of seeing the results of your hard work being built before your eyes. Do innovation, collaboration, and the pursuit of knowledge drive you? As we continue to grow, we are always looking for hard working individuals to join our team. You may just be the person we need! We are currently seeking an Architect/Project Designer.
- The Architect/Project Designer will be responsible for translating project requirements and specifications into a clear design concept. As a member of the Conceptual Design and Development team, the Project Designer will help convey effective building ventures from concept throughout construction.
- Conducts architectural studies, creates design concepts and design criteria, formulates reports, calculations, and detailed designs.
- Supports and guides team members within a team-building environment.
- Effectively cooperates with and facilitates the services of consultants and information assets to guarantee that project deliverables are integrated and support the design concept and performance objectives of the project.
- Understands all influencing factors of a project while providing a design solution meeting the requirements of our clients.
- Pursues artistic and inventive solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions.
- Stays current with the scope, schedule, budget, and status of all assigned projects.
- Creates and upholds client assurance in our team and operations by sustaining a high quality of proficiency, responsibility, and execution.
- Contributes to presentations of plans and documents to governing and permitting authorities for land use, zoning and permit approvals.
- Contributes and advances design vision through all project phases.
- Participates in BIM modeling throughout project design.
- Reinforces a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Performs limited administrative and office management tasks.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program.
- 5+ years of experience with at least 3+ years focused on design and planning preferred.
- Architectural license preferred but not required.
- Sketchup, 3D Max, Lumion 3D, or other visualization software knowledge.
- Must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience with large-scale multi-family, hospitality, student housing or commercial projects is required.
- Innovative, artistic thinker with the ability to articulate and present creative ideas.
- Ability to provide high class, responsive design solutions and documentation for construction in a range of styles with a proven ability to deliver excellent client service.
- Demonstrate excellence in 3-D building massing conceptualization.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to perform in client presentations.
- Energetic, ambitious and with a strong work ethic to consistently meet project design and performance goals.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- 401K Plan – typically we match 100% of your contributions up to 15% of your base salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
Visit www.finfrock.com to apply. Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.