As a fully integrated design-builder, we understand the cost drivers, design standards, and construction details associated with the design and construction of cost-effective projects, which include structured parking. This understanding, teamed with our knowledge of manufacturing the structural components, allows us to develop early accurate budgets with relatively few owner-provided details. You may be concerned that a parking garage is out of the realm of reality for your project. We can show you how to make your ideas affordable.
SIX STEPS TO SUCCESS.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BUILD?
- The available land, size of the lot, and the geometry of that space is the most important factor in the overall cost efficiency of structured parking. By understanding the size and shape of the available land, FINFROCK can design the most cost-effective structure possible that will not only fit but offer the best function for your available space.
WHAT IS YOUR WISH LIST?
- Simply stated, “How many parking spaces are needed, and what will the parking serve?” In addition to parking stalls, are there any other requirements, uses, or occupancies within the structure? For instance, is retail space required at the ground level? Do you have other needs that require specific accommodations? Our team is equipped with solutions to meet your needs. Your challenges can be met affordably with the right design.
WHAT ARE THE ADJACENT STRUCTURES AND BOUNDARIES?
- A full-blown site plan isn’t essential to conceptualize the parking structure in the early stages. However, we need to understand what other buildings will occupy the site and their approximate locations. For instance, we will take a slightly different approach for a parking structure surrounded by apartments than one which occupies an entire city block.
HOW DO YOU WANT IT TO LOOK?
- Often, owners prefer that the exterior of their parking structure resembles adjacent or other finished buildings on site. Other times a less dressed, cost-effective structure will work just as well and fit within your desired budget. We are the architects so we can bring your vision to reality. Our team will work with you to understand the level of aesthetics you require. Parking does not have to be boring.
WHAT ARE SITE CONDITIONS?
- Project size and soil conditions dictate foundation types, which can be a significant cost driver. We work with a geotechnical engineer to ensure we design the most economical foundation for your project. If the report is not yet available, reports from previous projects on the site or nearby projects can be useful in determining the likely scope of the required foundation system.
DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS?
- Additional requirements might be items such as access control, security, revenue control, parking guidance systems, other owner-specified finishes, additional program requirements due to adjacent buildings, utility tie-ins, project schedules, etc. The more refined the project-specific requirements become, the more refined your budget is. With information on each of the six criteria, FINFROCK can develop an accurate budget for your specific project.