Named one of Central Florida’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies by the Orlando Business Journal, FINFROCK is an industry leader and innovator. Would you like to work for a dynamic company that encourages innovation, rewards collaboration and is revolutionizing the market in the Design-Build industry? You may be just the person we need. We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment & Grader Operator to join our Manufacturing Department.
- Operates self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone, to grade specifications in construction and maintenance of earthwork structures, such as highways, streets, airports, dikes, and temporary roads.
- Drives grader and moves levers to regulate height and angle of grader blade, lower scarifier that loosens packed soil to permit grading, and to tilt front wheels of grader when making sharp turns.
- Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
- May perform fine or rough grading.
- May operate tractor drawn grader to cut and smooth subgrade on street and highway paving projects.
- Feels lever and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance check.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the crew leader or supervisor.
- 401K plan with Employer Contribution
- Employer paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Must be familiar with the operation and minor maintenance of various types of heavy equipment.
- Experience operating graders is highly preferred
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions at the plant, repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs on a regular basis, and perform considerable physical activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
2400 Apopka Blvd.
Apopka, FL 32703