FINFROCK is Central Florida’s #1 Design-Builder. With in-house architects, engineers, manufacturing, finance, and construction professionals all working together under one roof, we lower project costs, accelerate schedules, and greatly reduce a client’s overall building risk. For over 75 years, FINFROCK has served clients throughout Florida and nationally. Our award-winning track-record includes delivering buildings, structured parking, hotels, and mixed-use residential complexes as a complete, finished product—not just a series of services. The firm has designed, manufactured, and built hundreds of projects for leading organizations in the United States, is highly ranked among the top firms in the industry and is the recipient of multiple awards for design excellence.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. Every position within FINFROCK offers challenging opportunities, professional growth, and the excitement of seeing the results of your hard work being built before your eyes. Does innovation, collaboration, and the pursuit of knowledge drive you? As we continue to grow, we are always looking for hard working individuals to join our team. You may just be the person we need! We are currently seeking a Project Accountant.
- The Project Accountant will assist the Construction Project Manager in setting up initial project budgets and establishing proper cost coding.
- Depending on the project, a significant amount of this role’s time may be spent in a mobile office at a job site with the Construction team.
- Take responsibility for all job cost related accounting including proper cost coding and accurate entry.
- Review all owner change orders and budget modifications to maintain accurate and current budgets balanced to current owner contracts.
- Review all subcontractor change orders for authorization, accuracy and budget impact.
- Track project budget through the construction software, including job costs, committed costs and forecasted costs.
- Review Project Managers monthly billings, including identifying (C.S.I.) divisions where variances may exist. Determine the reasons for those variances and report for action if necessary.
- Assist Project Manager in tracking all financial items related to vendor and subcontractor contracts.
- Initiate all cost transfers required to move costs into proper codes or projects.
- Prepare the monthly project’s job cost schedule and review with management in the Accounting Department.
- Review project reporting including but not limited to Budget Forecast and Cash Flow projects.
- Review Project closeout documentation and assist Project Manager with retention cash flows.
- Assist in preparation of any required financial reports for presentation to stakeholders.
- Assist with the coordination of Accounting and Finance teams regarding financial matters.
- Assist with internal and external audits as necessary.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
- Attend construction software (PMWeb) seminars when required.
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- You have a general knowledge of Construction Accounting and Software, Applications & Terminology (JDEdwards is a plus)
- You have 2+ years of progressive accounting experience. 1 to 3+ years of job cost, cost accounting, and/or construction accounting
- You have experience with JDEdwards and PM Web (or any enterprise system and construction software)
- You have the ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have the ability to learn new systems and procedures with ease
- You have the ability to read and understand financial aspect of contracts and scopes of work
- You have experience working with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Teams
- You possess a good sense of time management
- You are self-motivated and self-directed
- You possess ethical conduct
- You are a good communicator and collaborate well with others
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K Plan – discretionary, but we often match 100% of your contributions up to 15% of your base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.