Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to appropriate management
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations per Company policies and procedures.
- Administer unemployment claims, workers comp processing, new hire reporting, FMLA and other leaves in a timely manner
- Maintain physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance records
- Assist with managing employee health, welfare, 401(k), and other benefits
- Assist in the development, implementation, and execution of human resource policies and procedures
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Work with other departments to lead the job description, and job analysis documentation process
- Perform other related Human Resources duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) and four to six+ years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in the private sector.
SHRM-CP or PHR certification is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of JD Edwards is a plus, or any computer ERP system experience.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, DOL, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of general HR disciplines and best practices.
- Conduct yourself ethically, professionally and with the highest integrity.
- Excellent communicator and a good listener.
- Professional image and great time management skills.
- Enjoy collaborating and are a team player.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
*Salary commensurate with experience.
*Spanish and Creole language experience is a plus.
- 401K Plan
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Wellness Programs
- Tuition Assistance available for qualified applicants with Department approval
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug-Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters, please.