- The Architectural Drafter role is highly technical role requiring extensive familiarity with design principles and computer-aided drafting technologies to ensure that drawings are accurate and present the necessary information for FINFROCK Construction, zoning and other approval bodies, including the client.
- Gather project requirements and specifications from Conceptual Design, Project Development, the project manager/project lead, and engineers to use as a starting point. This can include information about the construction site, such as elevation, access roads, and utilities, along with project-specific information, such as the number of rooms, materials, and functional requirements for residential, industrial, or commercial projects.
Work closely with architects and engineers to prepare detailed architectural drawings. Working from Conceptual Design and specifications, drafters use REVIT and BIM 360 software to prepare full-scale and detailed drawings. These drawings specify the project’s dimensions, including room sizes and elevations, and provide FINFROCK construction crews with information on materials and constructability.
Update and modify designs based on new information acquired through an internal Bluebeam review or at the request of a client.
Ensure coordination through all the documents while updating drawings.
Perform calculations and check drawings for accuracy and coordination prior to sending the drawings back to the lead architect for final approval.
Accompany architects and engineers to jobsites prior to work starting and throughout the construction process.
Gather data and take measurements, verifying elements such as the elevation and surrounding area on initial site visits. On later site visits, ensure that Construction is adhering to the plans and specifications and report any discrepancies back to the lead architect.
Provide information to contractors and FINFROCK Construction crews throughout the planning and building processes. This can include providing detailed drawings of certain construction elements and answering questions that arise while Construction and subcontractors review the blueprints.
Prepare additional drawings and answer questions under the supervision of the architect.
Communicate with team members to ensure project accuracy.
Perform quality control checks on your own work and the work of your peers.
- Two-year degree in Design/Drafting or possess two years of Design/Drafting experience.
- You have experience with CAD, Revit, and/or BIM 360.
- You are adept at problem solving and analysis.
- You pay close attention to detail.
- You are thorough and good at collaborating with others.
- You possess multi-tasking skills with ability to work multiple projects concurrently.
- You have general knowledge of building construction.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- Professionalism and you display a sense of ethical conduct.
- Desire to live in Central Florida or are willing to relocate to Central Florida on your own.
- 401K Plan – typically we match 100% of your contributions up to 15% of your base salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
FINFROCK believes our employees are looking for a career rather than a job. We work every day to experience the challenge, pride and rewards of design-manufacture and construct by delivering buildings as a product rather than a series of services. Would you like to work on interesting projects and experience the challenge, pride and rewards in your job every day?
If this describes you, you may be a good fit for FINFROCK:
You are creative – not just in regards to drafting cool buildings with software, but also in solving problems. You sweat the small stuff on projects – you’re detail oriented, and you understand the importance of making sure the basics are done right. As a kid, you spent hours building with Legos to make original creations.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. But we need analytical people like you to fulfill our vision. Experience not only a new way to build with FINFROCK, but a new way to work as well! Apply to join our team today.
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.