- Design and prepare detailed calculations of precast concrete framing system, components, and connections
- Checking drawings of precast members
- Design and detail repairs for nonconformance items
- Design of structural framing and foundation system
- Considers best economic solutions for designs
- Position requires frequent interaction and communication with other FINFROCK employees in the office, manufacturing plant and field sites
- Perform Construction Administration tasks, including:
- Reviewing shop drawings
- Responding to RFIs
- Inspection visits to field site
- Inspection visits to Manufacturing plant
- Development, creation, and documentation of future standards and processes
- Additional items or duties may be assigned based on project needs or needs of the department
- Will work in normal office environment 90% of the time, and may also be required to work in field through either cross-training or doing site visits
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets. Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
- Reports to Chief Design Engineer
- Four-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus
- Engineering Intern license Required;
- Professional Engineering license and/or the ability to get licensed in the State of Florida, preferred
- Knowledge of Overall structural system including:
- Concrete design and design of precast/prestressed concrete components
- Steel and connection design
- Structural Engineering and Analysis Software
- Familiarity with Building Codes is a plus
- Experience with CAD or 3D modeling software preferred
- (2+) years of Design Experience
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats of English at a professional business level required
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with Design team members
- Well organized and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to lead other team members in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions quickly.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Candidates not already residing in Central Florida must be willing to relocate
- 401K Plan – typically we match 100% of your contributions up to 15% of your base salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
FINFROCK believes our employees are looking for a career rather than a job. We work every day to experience the challenge, pride and rewards of design-manufacture and construct by delivering buildings as a product rather than a series of services. Would you like to work on interesting projects and experience the challenge, pride and rewards in your job every day?
If this describes you, you may be a good fit for FINFROCK:
You are creative. Not just in regards to creating cool buildings in 3D, but also in solving problems. You sweat the small stuff on projects – you’re detail oriented, and you understand the impact of design discrepancies. As a kid, you spent hours building with Legos and building new creations.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. But we need creative people like you to fulfill our vision. Experience not only a new way to build with FINFROCK, but a new way to work as well! Apply to join our team today.
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.