Gantry Crane Operator Job Description
- Learn the location of the Yards/Lanes/Stations/Fields
- Perform pre- and post-operation checks
- Coordinate with and take direction from the groundsman to ensure the safety of personnel and property
- Safely lift, move, tilt over, load, and stock large pieces of precast concrete to correct trailers and field locations
- This is a full time position that may vary outside the normal work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Depending on the area you work in, the shift may require working in the early morning or at night
- Personal protective equipment will be required for most areas to work, including boots, hardhat and gloves. Depending on the position you work in, safety glasses, hearing protection, dust mask and other PPE may be required
- You have good communication skills
- You are able to read a tape measure
- You are able to the climb vertical ladders
- You have a basic knowledge of crane inspection and operations
- You are able to read production prints/instructions from a tablet or you have the ability to learn
- You are able to safely lift 50 lbs. at any given time during the shift
- You are able to follow directions
- 401K Plan – Very generous Employer Matching: for 20 out of the last 25 years, we have matched 100% of Employee contributions up to 15% of base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
FINFROCK, founded in 1945, is an independently owned design-builder with corporate offices in Central Florida. As a fully integrated design-build firm, FINFROCK has in-house architects, engineers, precast designers, cost estimators, quality control personnel, and construction managers who specialize in design and construction. Our track record includes developing innovative solutions for structured parking, office buildings, multi-unit residential complexes, hotels, and mixed-use facilities where parking is an integral part of the project. For over 75 years, FINFROCK has served clients throughout Florida and nationally. The firm has designed, manufactured, and built hundreds of projects for leading organizations in the United States, is highly ranked among the top firms in the industry and is the recipient of multiple awards for design excellence.
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.