Duties & Responsibilities
The plant safety inspector will inspect work areas to include manufacturing, transportation, product handling and maintenance equipment to ensure compliance with company, state, federal and site-specific safety policies and regulations.
This job operates primarily in the manufacturing facility, on job sites, and in an office environment. This role requires time spent in the manufacturing plant as well as occasional trips to FINFROCK locations, project sites, and long-term storage facility.
Document safety inspections, cite dangerous areas/procedures and recommend corrective procedures to manufacturing and construction managers, supervisors, foreman, and safety team.
- Document safety inspections, cite dangerous areas/procedures and recommend corrective procedures to manufacturing and construction managers, supervisors, foreman, and safety team.
- Maintain safety equipment (PPE) supply and ensure availability.
Become familiar with all applicable OSHA and company specific safety policies, overseeing FINFROCK employees and temporary workers in the manufacturing plant in addition to all corresponding construction projects.
Independently evaluate jobs/tasks and procedures in the manufacturing plant and construction sites to recommend appropriate task modifications, PPE, or other appropriate actions to improve safety outcomes.
Work with people at all levels within the organization from a safety perspective.
- Assist with safety duties at FINFROCK job sites throughout the state of Florida which will require travel to the job site locations.
- A 2-4 year degree is preferred, or a high school diploma or equivalent, with proven manufacturing safety experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and construction practices.
- Ability to interpret and apply OSHA standards.
- Ability to recognize and correct safety-related hazards and target any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Possess a current Florida Driver’s License with clean driving record along with appropriate automotive insurance.
- Have or are willing to obtain an OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 certification in General Industry and Construction. OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 training can be obtained through FINFROCK Authorized Trainers.
- Ability to work long hours with regular travel.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401K Plan – Very generous Employer Matching: for 20 out of the last 26 years, we have matched 100% of Employee contributions up to 15% of base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug-Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters, please.