- Design of structural framing and foundation system for precast concrete structures.
- Structures include garages, hospitality/hotel, multi-family and student housing.
- Structural computations and detailed examination of precast concrete and miscellaneous steel structures attached to precast building.
- Design and prepare detailed calculations of Precast framing system, components and connections
- Makes technical assumptions to complete assigned work
- Assists with reviewing drawings, preparing specifications, reports and other project deliverables
- As a design-build firm, engineers have the opportunity to be involved in a project from schematic design through closeout.
- Process RFIs and Shop Drawings
- Works with structural and precast engineering teams as well as other disciplines within the project teams
- There is an opportunity for leading project coordination with in-house architecture and construction teams
- Candidates with project management experience will have the ability to manage schedules of the projects assigned, as well as manage project budgets.
- Position requires frequent interaction and communication with other FINFROCK employees in the office, manufacturing plant and field sites
- Will work in normal office environment 70% of the time, and may also be required to work in field through either cross-training or doing site visits
- Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
- Four-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus
- Engineering Intern license required;
- Professional Engineering license and/or the ability to get licensed in the State of Florida, preferred
- Knowledge of Overall structural system including:
- Concrete design and design of precast/prestressed concrete components
- Steel and connection design
- Structural Engineering and Analysis Software
- Experience with CAD or 3D modeling software preferred
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats of English at a professional business level required
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate on subject knowledge with Design team members as well as external clients
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and maintain schedules by performing work themselves as well as assigning work to team members
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets.
- Candidates not already residing in Central Florida must be willing to relocate
- 401K Plan – typically we match 100% of your contributions up to 15% of your base salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
FINFROCK believes our employees are looking for a career rather than a job. We work every day to experience the challenge, pride and rewards of design-manufacture and construct by delivering buildings as a product rather than a series of services. Would you like to work on interesting projects and experience the challenge, pride and rewards in your job every day?
If this describes you, you may be a good fit for FINFROCK:
You are creative. Not just in regards to creating cool buildings in 3D, but also in solving problems. You sweat the small stuff on projects – you’re detail oriented, and you understand the impact of design discrepancies. As a kid, you spent hours building with Legos and building new creations.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. But we need creative people like you to fulfill our vision. Experience not only a new way to build with FINFROCK, but a new way to work as well! Apply to join our team today.
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.