FINFROCK is Central Florida’s #1 Design-Builder. With in-house architects, engineers, manufacturing, and construction professionals all working together under one roof, we lower project costs, accelerate schedules, and greatly reduce a client’s overall building risk. For over 75 years, FINFROCK has served clients throughout Florida and nationally. Our award-winning track-record includes delivering buildings, structured parking, hotels, and mixed-use residential complexes as a complete, finished product—not just a series of services. The firm has designed, manufactured, and built hundreds of projects for leading organizations in the United States, is highly ranked among the top firms in the industry and is the recipient of multiple awards for design excellence.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. Every position within FINFROCK offers challenging opportunities, professional growth, and the excitement of seeing the results of your hard work being built before your eyes. Do innovation, collaboration, and the pursuit of knowledge drive you? As we continue to grow, we are always looking for hard working individuals to join our team. You may just be the person we need! We are currently seeking a Precast Engineer.
- Design of structural framing and foundation system for precast concrete structures.
- Structures include garages, hospitality/hotel, multi-family and student housing.
- Structural computations and detailed examination of precast concrete and miscellaneous steel structures attached to precast building.
- Design and prepare detailed calculations of Precast framing system, components and connections
- Makes technical assumptions to complete assigned work
- Assists with reviewing drawings, preparing specifications, reports and other project deliverables
- As a design-build firm, engineers have the opportunity to be involved in a project from schematic design through closeout.
- Process RFIs and Shop Drawings
- Works with structural and precast engineering teams as well as other disciplines within the project teams
- There is an opportunity for leading project coordination with in-house architecture and construction teams
- Candidates with project management experience will have the ability to manage schedules of the projects assigned, as well as manage project budgets.
- Position requires frequent interaction and communication with other FINFROCK employees in the office, manufacturing plant and field sites
- Will work in normal office environment 70% of the time, and may also be required to work in field through either cross-training or doing site visits
- Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
- Four-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus
- Engineering Intern license required;
- Professional Engineering license and/or the ability to get licensed in the State of Florida, preferred
- Knowledge of Overall structural system including:
- Concrete design and design of precast/prestressed concrete components
- Steel and connection design
- Structural Engineering and Analysis Software
- Experience with CAD or 3D modeling software preferred
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats of English at a professional business level required
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate on subject knowledge with Design team members as well as external clients
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and maintain schedules by performing work themselves as well as assigning work to team members
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets.
- Candidates not already residing in Central Florida must be willing to relocate
401K Plan – Very generous Employer Matching: for 20 out of the last 25 years, we have matched 100% of Employee contributions up to 15% of base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off program
Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.